Monday 5 November 2012

Cute letters from cute people.

We get letters at Christmas and on our birthday, on Valentines day if we're lucky. But these letters we get are usually expected and bring joy and best wishes, apart from the odd few.
I received a letter today at morning break today from a girl I know, she told me it wasn't from her but that I wasn't to open it until I had returned home from school.. But as I am being a wizard I had to look. As I opened the envelope with my name written in cute letters on the top left corner I got butterflies, not  because I knew what the person was going to have written, but because someone took the time out to write a letter to me, to Maeve.
The cute hand writing started by saying that if I was reading this it was good because it meant they had worked up the nerve to tell me how they felt. The writer explained how they had met me years ago and knew from the start I was something special, they explained how they liked the way I sat on the Transition Year bench and not the actual seat, and how they loved that I was so passionate when I talked about the books I love, so I guessed it was a reader like myself. The writer called me beautiful and told me that I don't see it myself, but I should.
Then the writer mentioned Tom, the writer mentioned how happy they were to see me with him, because he makes me happy like nobody else in the world can. The writer describes how they felt when they saw us together but then told me that they've heard that Tom loves me as much as I love him. They told me that he knew just how special I was, so that it was okay.
They finished by telling me that they couldn't summarize they're feelings for me in a letter, that they couldn't put into words their feelings towards me. But most importantly that they couldn't tell me who they were, because they thought that it would change things between us, which it might..
But the thought that someone feels this way, that someone can put those feelings into beautiful words, that someone could make me feel as special as I feel when Tom kisses my forehead.

I want to thank that person, if they're reading this. Thank them for making my day, thank them for some excitement in my life. but most of all, thank them for being man enough to tell me how they feel.

If anyone has any idea I would ask them to come forward, idk.
The Confused Teenage Wizard of the East xo

No comments:

Post a Comment